Holidays and festivities in Malaga
Below you can see the annual local, regional and national holidays that are celebrated in Malaga.
The Feria of Malaga and the holy week before Easter are the main festivities.
The Feria and the holy week before Easter are not official holidays, but the opening hours of shops and offices during these two important events are often adjusted.
• January 6 | Epiphany (Epifania del Señor / Reyes Magos)
• February 28 | Holiday Andalusia (Día de Andalucía)
MARCH / APRIL
• Holy Week, the week Easter (Semana Santa)
• Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
• Good Friday (Viernes Santo)
• May 1 | Labor Day (Dia del trabajo)
• June 18 | Commemoration death patron saints Ciriaco and Paula
Procession (Patrones de Málaga)
• June 23 | Dia de San Juan
• July 16 | La Virgen del Carmen | Patron sailors, procession
• August 15 | Holy Assumption (Asunción de la Virgen)
• around 15 August to 19 August | Feria de Málaga
• 19 August | Establishment of the city of Málaga (Incorporación de Málaga)
• September 8 | Day in honor of the patron saint of Málaga and the birth of the Virgin Mary. (Procession Virgen de la Victoria, Dia de la Victoria)
• October 12 | Dia de la Hispanidad (the day that Columbus discovered America in 1492)
• 1 November | Saints' Day (Dia de todos los Santos)
• December 6 | Constitution Day (Día de la Constitución)
• December 8 | Immaculate Conception (Inmaculada Concepción)
• December 25 | Christmas (Navidad)
Holidays are very important to the people.